Solwezi fridge repairer loses life in gas explosion

0
127

A YOUNG man’s life has been cut short in Solwezi after a gas compressor exploded while he was repairing a fridge on Thursday.

24-year-old Lloyd Kaumba was working at his workshop alongside colleagues James Ilunga and Sydney Maleti when the incident occurred.

According ZANIS, a fridge Kaumba was repairing developed a gas leak.

As he attempted to contain the leak, the compressor unexpectedly exploded.

The force of the explosion left Kaumba with severe injuries and tragically claimed his life upon arrival at Solwezi General Hospital.

North Western Province Police Commanding Officer, Dennis Moola confirmed the incident

Moola revealed that Ilunga and Maleti were also injured in the blast and are currently receiving treatment in critical condition.

Police are currently investigating the incident and have opened an inquiry file while Kaumba’s body is awaiting a post-mortem examination at the hospital mortuary.

By Elesani Phiri

Kalemba March 11, 2024

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here