FOLLOWING the signing into law of the National Pension Scheme Amendment Bill 2023 which allows for the partial withdrawal of pensions, some residents have been seen queueing up at NAPSA Offices in an effort to start the process of partially accessing their contributions.
However, NAPSA director general Muyangwa Muyangwa disclosed to the media that the process will be done online and people do not need to necessarily need to visit company offices unless there is a challenge.
President Hakainde Hichilema signed the Bill into law yesterday.
Below are the NAPSA Pre-retirement Benefit qualifying criteria
1. 60 months contributions regardless of age but before retirement or
45 years and above regardless of contributions
2. Entitlement: 20% of total contributions. This will be indexed (interest added)
3. Frequency, One-off: Once you claim you can’t claim again
4. Claim process: All claims will be done online. You don’t need to visit a NAPSA office to claim.
To claim you must first sign up on enapsa.napsa.co.zm
5. What you need to sign up: Phone number correctly registered in your name (check your mobile money registration with your provider),
Copy of NRC, (both sides), Passport size photo (less than 6 months old) and an active personal email address.
Kalemba April 18, 2023
Picture credit: Radio Icengelo