THE Ngoni Royal Establishment has maintained that the 2021 Nc’wala traditional ceremony will go ahead despite the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in the province.
Nc’wala Traditional Ceremony Organising Committee secretary general Adamson Sakala confirmed that preparations for the ceremony had already started adding that invitation letters to the guests had already been done.
Sakala said the ceremony will be held under “new normal” by strictly adhering to COVID-19 guidelines as advised by Ministry of Health.
He said the organizing committee was in receipt of a letter from the Ministry of Health signed by health Permanent Secretary Dr Kennedy Malama to go ahead with the ceremony with strict adherence to COVID-19 guidelines.
Sakala confirmed that Paramount Chief Mpezeni had set February 27, 2021 as the date for the ceremony adding that members of the public will be informed in case of any changes to the event.
But when contacted for a comment, Ministry of Health spokesperson Abel Kabalo said the ministry was still in consultation with the organizing committee to ensure that the ceremony does not become a super spreader of the disease.
Dr Kabalo said once a decision was made, the nation would be informed accordingly.
Credit: Breeze FM