Abnormal acid discharge from KCM lands over 100 in hospital

0
518

OVER 100 people including school children have been hospitalised after being affected by an abnormal discharge of Sulpher Dioxide from the Acid Plant at Konkola Copper Mines (KCM).

Pupils at Nchanga Trust School failed to sit for examinations after being choked by the Sulpher Dioxide from KCM.

Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA) has confirmed that the incident recorded between Thursday and Friday resulted in a number of people living in the surrounding areas of the plant being affected by the emissions.

Some miners and people living near the acid plant complained of severe headache and coughing.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here