1. Have a time table of what relish to cook on each particular day. This will help you to avoid cooking too many relish at once some of which will only go to waste.
2. Avoid heavy meals at night and cook only what you can finish. A light meal at night is not only cheaper but also health and widely encouraged by health experts.
3. Teach your children to value food and not eat like mad kids. A container of juice should last a reasonable period as that will reduce some unnecessary costs.
4. Move in a cheaper house if you’re currently financially constrained. This will help you to save and use extra cash for other necessities. Do not be depressed you can always go back to luxury once you’re financially sound in the meantime you can throw your ego in the bin because it’s not helping.
5. Instead of paying a garden boy and a house help why don’t you use your children to clean your house and water flowers if they are of age.
6. If you have a car only move when it’s necessary and consider using public transport if possible..You can even walk were necessary it’s good for your health. You’re not a machine you need to walk at times. This will help you to save some money. Of course we know you have a car but nobody on that bus cares who you’re so don’t be shy.
7. Communicate with your spouse and discuss extra costs and their effects on your finances before bringing in a relative to live with you. It’s called planning don’t feel guilt about it because it will help you to avoid unnecessary costs.
8. Avoid unnecessary relationships with members of the opposite sex. This can not be overly emphasized. If possible you will do well to avoid eating out because it’s expensive and usually not even healthy.
9. Tighten up your spending habits and communicate with your spouse whenever you have extra cash . This will help you to be responsible in how you use money knowing that someone knows you have. It will enhance financial accountability.
10. If you help parents make a plan of how much you will be contributing and the frequency. If you’re not the only child don’t be a hero by doing everything alone for your parents involve your other siblings to discuss what each of you will be contributing. This will help save and reduce some self inflicted pressure.
Which one relates to you? Please share!
By Shadrick Chartered Accountant